It was proved that the main reason of obesity is unhealthy foods which are offered in fast food stores that are popular worldwide.
Let’s clarify what obesity means.
Obesity is known as an overweight or as high concentration of fat in the body. Scientists state that there are more than one billion overweight adults in the world. Unfortunately about one third of them are obese. And the number of obese people continuously grows. That is why scientists extremely concern about this matter.
Some interesting facts:
- obesity is the additional and excess accumulation of body fat;
- be informed that this may have harmful consequences for person’s health and may even shorten the life;
- affects about 65% of the population of the planet;
- is thought to be the main reason of death worldwide;
- affects people of different ages starting from children.
The term BMI means Body Mass Index. It is a value which indicates body weight adjusted for height. You can calculate your BMI using your meters and kilograms or inches and pounds.
There is a formula to calculate your body weight index, just divide your weight by the square of your height. Let’s try to calculate together. If your height is 1.82 meters, then we will first calculate the following 1.82*1.82 = 3.31. If your weight is 70.5, then we are going to divide the weight by 3.31 and we have 70.5/3.31 = 21.30.
Doctors say that BMI from 19 to 25 is considered to be perfect, but BMI from 25 to 30 means overweight. A BMI which is 30 and more is obese. Now try to calculate and answer the question: which category of BMI do you belong to?